Current time: 10-21-2014, 01:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE)
thundercats Offline
Posting Freak

South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE)
The South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE) is expected to be fully completed in 2012.

It will serve as a major expressway from the North-South Expressway (PLUS) to Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, Telok Panglima Garang, Pulau Carey and to Westport in Pulau Indah, Klang.

The SKVE's Phase 1B construction has been completed and is due for an official opening by Works Minister Datuk Shaziman Abu Mansor at the Saujana Putra interchange this coming Tuesday (29 June 2010).

The 52km SKVE Expressway when fully completed will provide a direct linkage from the south to the gateway of Port Klang and is set to boost new growth areas for residential and industrial sectors within the Southern areas of Klang Valley, said SKVE Holdings Sdn Bhd's Chief Executive Officer Teoh Ah Guan.

Teoh said thorough planning and consideration had been given to many aspects of the expressway, including environment protection such as keeping the scenic views and lakes along its stretch. Motorists will also have the choice of using, for the first time in Klang Valley, recycled transit cards as part of its efforts to promote the conservation of environment, apart from ensuring a smooth and flawless drive on the expressway.

[Image: skveroutemap.gif](SKVE route map, roughly drawn up by thundercats)

Traffic between Klang and Kajang will be focused to shorter route, hence, reducing traffic congestion. The expressway for now will serve commuters from the start point at the UNITEN Interchange near Universiti Tenaga Nasional in Bangi to the end of the Phase 1B at the Saujana Putra Interchange while its construction will move to the next level.

In conjunction with the opening of the expressway (partly), a toll-free period for all motorists traveling on the SKVE for a period of one month will be effective.

SKVE starts at the Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) in Bangi and ends at the proposed Pulau Indah Ring Road which links to the Westport in Klang. Those who would benefit from the SKVE highway are public commuters, business people and traders traveling between Klang, Westport and Shah Alam and Putrajaya and Cyberjaya.

Toll rates are yet to be decided but SKVE Holdings has assured motorists that the toll rates would be acceptable to the public.

Some facts about SKVE:
-6 toll plazas will be built along the stretch.
-2 remaining stretches - Section 2 (12.3 km) and Section 3 (18.9 km) are expected to be completed in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
-9 interchanges along the highway, namely Uniten, Putra, Wetlands, SKVE, SKVE Saujana Putra, West Coast Highway (WCE), Tanjung Dua Belas, Teluk Panglima Garang and Pulau Indah.
-total highway length is 52.6 km
06-25-2010 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
reinmuster Offline
Karting Master

RE: South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE)
In hope to rejuvenate and justified the PKFZ? lol

No Fear, No Limits, No Equal..
06-25-2010 10:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chew118 Offline

(06-25-2010 10:57 PM)reinmuster Wrote:  In hope to rejuvenate and justified the PKFZ? lol

2 more days before the toll free ends Smile

the teluk panglima garang interchange will be somewhere before toyota service center...

it is a nice highway to drive... cant wait for the klang portion to be completed.

http://skveholdings.com/linkage.html
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2010 01:11 PM by chew118.)
07-29-2010 04:34 PM
simonyee Offline

Hi,

STOP WASTING OUR PUBLIC TAX PAYER MONEY IT IS STUPID AND IDIOTIC.

AND STOP FEEDING THE CRONIES OF THE MALAY PEOPLE(BEING RACIST) JUST LOOK AT THE BOARD OF DIRECTOR ON THEIR HOME PAGE

Build more slip road off the existing highway and improve the main town area of klang or build another bridge in Klang but away from the residential and business area instead

Ty
Simon Yee
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2010 09:15 AM by simonyee.)
07-30-2010 01:20 PM
thundercats Offline
Posting Freak

simon,
your suggestion to improve the klang traffic system is good but your racist comment is deeply offensive.

i dont know what you were trying to achieve but i dont think it adds any value to the discussion.
08-01-2010 01:33 AM
ighosts Offline
Posting Freak

Thundercat, For one working in West Port, I will be happy when the Pulau Indah is connected to the mainland via another alternative route. The current road is starting to get congested during rush hour and there is so many heavy vehicles that drove like "Kings of the Road". Accidents occurred quite frequently (almost every week, sometimes more than once a week) and the whole road will slow down to more than half an hour extra to get off the island even if the road is not blocked off completely. I always have the nightmare one of the bridges is down and I've to camp several nights in the factory! :61: An extra road to this important port (the scandal is a separate issue and ought to be treated such) is vital for its operation and is important especially for this region and that includes Klang! :133:
Do you know when the connection to the island is completed so I can get off it when my nightmare comes true? :130:

What I lost in translation at both ends of the Great Divide.
And what I found for making that attempt to bridge the chasm.
http://lostinchinese.blogspot.com/
08-01-2010 08:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thundercats Offline
Posting Freak

hantu,
im not sure when the alternative connection to the island will be completed, but i guess it will be in 2012 (based on the SKVE development plan).

congestion during rush hour is unavoidable lah in klang valley Big Grin if there are issues with the speeding heavy vehicles, then need inform to JPJ and police to come and do some roadblocks (which i suspect will lead to more congestions).

if one day the main bridge is down, i think there are enough boats to act as temporary ferry to the mainland.. if not, walk on the railway track bridge (the one parallel to the vehicle bridge) to cross to the mainland loh Tongue
08-02-2010 02:40 PM
ighosts Offline
Posting Freak

(08-02-2010 02:40 PM)thundercats Wrote:  if one day the main bridge is down, i think there are enough boats to act as temporary ferry to the mainland.. if not, walk on the railway track bridge (the one parallel to the vehicle bridge) to cross to the mainland loh Tongue

So you knew about the railway bridge, Big Grin No hiding anything from you :141:

I did walk over it once to get over to the island :133:

[Image: 3931792454_ba81157187.jpg]

(08-01-2010 08:38 AM)ighosts Wrote:  Accidents occurred quite frequently (almost every week, sometimes more than once a week) and the whole road will slow down to more than half an hour extra to get off the island even if the road is not blocked off completely.

Just as we were talking, there was another nasty accident today involving a scrape iron lorry (badly smashed in front) with I don't know what - overturning and disgorging scrape metals all over the road.

As can be expected, another long jam, sigh... :131:

What I lost in translation at both ends of the Great Divide.
And what I found for making that attempt to bridge the chasm.
http://lostinchinese.blogspot.com/
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2010 10:41 PM by ighosts.)
08-02-2010 10:33 PM
merchant9 Offline

Once the SKVE is up, the prices for Parklands and others properties here will go further up cause can go out to Cyberjaya, Putrajaya, Puchong, Kajang, KLIA without using Kesas, yes?
08-02-2010 10:59 PM
thundercats Offline
Posting Freak

hantu,
the sunset picture over the railway track bridge is nice ler... Big Grin

(08-02-2010 10:59 PM)merchant9 Wrote:  Once the SKVE is up, the prices for Parklands and others properties here will go further up cause can go out to Cyberjaya, Putrajaya, Puchong, Kajang, KLIA without using Kesas, yes?

hi merchant,
the answer is yes.. SKVE will be an alternative to Kesas, just like NKVE is an alternative to the Federal Highway. but i dont know about the rising of the property prices... i guess the pattern will be the same for the landed properties across the klang valley.

found a picture taken on the SKVE (near bandar saujana putra):
[Image: 1.jpg]
08-03-2010 11:52 AM